Are you in Mexico City wondering how to get to San Miguel de Allende from CDMX? In this article, I’ll tell you how to get to San Miguel de Allende on a 1-DAY TOUR (👉price), by bus with stops or DIRECT BUS (👉price) , and by PLANE (👉price).
Best Travel Insurance for Mexico
How to geto to San Miguel de Allende (México)
If you are planning a trip to Mexico (👉GUIDE to MEXICO), you need to know that it is a country with a great cultural and natural wealth. It is full of sites to discover, traditions to learn about and activities to join.
Located in the heart of Mexico, San Miguel de Allende is a colonial jewel with cobbled streets and historic buildings that exude elegance and charm. The city’s gastronomy is renowned as one of the best in the country, with traditional dishes such as chiles en nogada and pastor tacos that will satisfy any palate.
San Miguel de Allende is also home to a vast array of markets and craft shops, where you can find unique and high-quality products made by talented local artists.
If you’re foreigner planning a trip, in this link you can check the ✅ SANITARY REQUIREMENTS and get a VISA. Also, to help you travel without spending too much, in this link you’ll find ✈️ CHEAP FLIGHTS and a 💥10% DISCOUNT on your TRAVEL INSURANCE.
When browsing the internet during your trip, it is essential to use a 👉 QUALITY VPN to ensure your privacy and security. Additionally, bringing a ⭐ TRAVEL DEBIT CARD will help you avoid issues with carrying cash and reduce the risk of theft.
Travel to Mexico with Unlimited Data
Options for transportation to reach San Miguel de Allende
If you’re planning to visit San Miguel de Allende from Mexico City, it’s important to be aware of the different transportation options available. In this article, I will present the alternatives so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- One option is to take a 1-DAY TOUR (👉price) from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende. With this option, you won’t have to worry about organizing transportation or creating an itinerary, as everything will be taken care of for you. Additionally, you can enjoy the experience with a local guide who will show you the best places in the city. If you’re someone who enjoys taking photos while traveling, I highly recommend this tour for TOUR for INSTAGRAM-worthy shots (👉price).
- Bus transportation is a popular and cost-effective way to get to San Miguel de Allende from Mexico City. Two types of buses are available: the DIRECT BUS (👉price) and the buses that go to Querétaro. From Querétaro, you can take a second bus that will take you to San Miguel de Allende.
- By plane: If you’re willing to spend a little more and prefer air travel, you can take a FLIGHT (👉price) from Mexico City to the Querétaro International Airport. From there, it’s a one-hour TRANSFER to SAN MIGUEL de ALLENDE (👉price).
- By transfer: If you arrive in Mexico City by plane, you can hire a TRANSFER (👉price) service to take you directly from the airport to your hotel in San Miguel de Allende. This option may be more expensive, but it offers personalized service without having to worry about driving.
- By car: Alternatively, if you prefer to drive, you can rent a car or use your own. The most direct route from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende is via the Querétaro-México highway. The travel time is around three hours, but it can vary depending on traffic and weather conditions.
Taking a TOUR to san miguel de allende from México city
San Miguel de Allende is undeniably one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico, and it’s easy to see why. This charming colonial city features impressive architecture, a rich cultural history, and a plethora of tourist attractions.
If you don’t want to worry about transportation or planning your itinerary, taking a 1-DAY TOUR (👉price) from the capital is an excellent way to experience San Miguel de Allende. These tours often come with a knowledgeable tour guide who will take you around the city and offer a deeper insight into its history and culture.
How to get to miguel de allende from CDMX by BUS
Taking a bus is a convenient and affordable way to travel from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende. I highly recommend this option if you want to enjoy the scenic route and save on your travel expenses.
The cost of the bus ticket varies depending on the transportation company and whether it is a direct route or requires a transfer in Querétaro or Tepotzotlan. The average price for a journey with layovers is around $612 MXN ($34 USD) per person. As the price difference is minimal, I suggest selecting a DIRECT BUS (👉price) to avoid the hassle of transferring.
Buses depart from different terminals in Mexico City, such as Terminal Central del Norte and Terminal del Sur, and arrive at the Central Terminal of San Miguel de Allende.
In terms of time and distance, the bus journey from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende takes approximately 3 and a half hours, covering a distance of roughly 275 kilometers.
How to get to san miguel de allende from CDMX by PLANE
If you’re not up for a road trip, or if you’re arriving directly at Mexico City airport, taking a FLIGHT (👉price) is a comfortable option to get to San Miguel de Allende, provided that you’re willing to spend a little more on transportation.
You can depart from Mexico City International Airport and arrive at Santiago de Querétaro airport, which is located about 86 kilometers from San Miguel de Allende. It takes about 1 hour to reach your hotel by TRANSFER (👉price) (👉price).
Tours & activities in san miguel de allende
Experience San Miguel de Allende in a distinctive way with our carefully curated collection of top-notch TOURS and activities. Discover the city’s tourist hotspots while delving into its rich culture and history with knowledgeable local guides.
Is it safe to travel to Mexico?
Mexico is a country where violent crime, such as robbery, homicide, and kidnapping, is common. There are states that it is not recommended to travel to ecause of safety reasons. Bellow, you’ll find a list of the places that you should avoid.
The following states are not recommended for travel: Colima, Guerrero, Michoacan, Sinaloa, and Tamaulipas. And take extra precautions in Baja California, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Durango, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Mexico State, Morelos, Nayarit, Sonora, and Zacatecas.
Remember to follow these recommendations:
- In case of robbery, do not resist physically.
- Do not show a high purchasing power, that is, do not go with jewels, bags, etc … that are expensive.
- Be careful if you go out at night, and stay in crowded places where you are surrounded by other people.
- Thefts are usual (at guntpoint and during daytime), so don’t go with the camera or mobile in your hand or hang out of your neck.
- Try to avoid carrying the backpack on the back. Put it in front of you, or use a belt pouch or a cross bag.
I, personally, spent 4 months solo traveling around Mexico (I was in Puerto Escondido + Chacahua, Huatulco, Mexico City, Holbox, Merida, Valladolid, Tulum, Bacalar, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen) and I didn’t find myself in any dangerous situation.
Although in most of these places murders took place in the middle of the street and people staying in the same hostel as me were robbed at gunpoint. But don’t let this scare you! Traveling to Mexico is totally possible, in fact it is a country with a lot of tourism.
In any case, it is always a good idea to have a TRAVEL INSURANCE that can compensate you economically and help you if a medical emergency arises.
If you are interested in traveling alone, I recommend this article on the reasons and benefits of solo traveling and this other article with tips for traveling alone as a woman. I encourage you to try it as it is a great and very beneficial experience for oneself.